Thursday, January 14, 2010

l'amour



My boyfriend suggested that I write about love. But I think he forgot to tell me in what genre he think i should write about it. So I figured the genre out myself. Well, I was thinking of fiction because I assumed it was lighter, required less thinking than writing an expository. However, it was not slightly true at all. Fiction could be as complex as expository when the writer is unclear about the real or main message that meant to be conveyed to the readers, the message that will become the backbone of the story and put the live into it. Thus, in order to determine that real or main message,the writer needs to possess full and deep comprehension of the subject/ concept. So, in my case, if I were to write a fiction about love, I will have to grasp a good comprehension of what love is, which is quite a challenging task as I honestly think the process of discovering love requires more time than most people think.

Love is really difficult to understand. Sometimes I wonder if I ever really understand what love is. But to claim that I never understand it at all would do myself no justice since I had experienced it at some points in my life. Sometimes I think of love as a spiritual thing. Something pure.Something impulsive. Where the only agent that can react to it is heart (human and animal's heart). Sometimes I think of love as one of the reasons why human race was gifted with the innate ability to communicate with  each other. Love is when human clings to each other to form a perfect harmony with the nature. Like a child clings to its mother until it is old enough to survive, and the mother clings to the child until she is positive that the child is capable to look after itself. Thinking of all these, one thing that I come to learn and conclude is that no matter how different our perception of love is, it always makes us feel good and appreciated, maybe a little bit worried sometimes for we afraid it might slip away at some point in our live. But with love, we come to appreciate live more and to live in harmony with our beloved and our souls. It gives a meaningful purpose for living. Love is a perennial beauty that lives within every soul. It is a gift from god to all kinds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment