Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Dull weekend and Rebecca

I hate the fact that my weekend was dull and rather boring unlike my normal ones in Sydney. I miss going out to the beaches, going for a shopping spree on Pitt st. if not Chatswood Mall and going fishing. I also hate the fact that I was not spending my weekends with my bestfriends anymore. This weekend, I was just home all day reading a novel by Daphne duMurrier, a classic one entitled "Rebecca". The novel excites me. Probably because I could relate to the character in it. The novel is about a young girl who married a rich widow aged 42.The girl, Caroline's lack of self confidence and her feeling of inferiority in comparison to the husband's ex wife who was described to be "of advantage of a good breeding,beauty and brain" really relates to me in some ways. I kinda know Caroline's true feeling and what she was going through. Its true that girls like to compare themselves to their competitors and try to win but at the same time feeling insecure and inferior about themselves. I used to go through this a few times in my life. I used to feel so insecure about myself and always feel that I was not pretty enough for my bf. It is something that I cant help myself from doing! However, the most important value I think I learnt from the novel is the significance of being sensible and having a brain than just mere beauty. This is in fact supported in other works of literature like ones of Jane Austen, that men always think girls who are sensible and independent are more attractive to them.Even in my real life experiences I have learnt that men prefer girls who have a firm and unique opinion over something. And as Bren suggested that I should set a goal to work to in my current life to help me get over the past, I think I have decided to read more and become smarter so that I will be more of value to guys and at the same time increase my knowledge about the global world. Oh yeh, I think I should call Adrian today too! Its been a while since he called me last. I should maintain the courtesy by calling him this time! Plus I will always feel more motivated about my life after talking to him. He has a special power to motivate people really! But people motivates people in different ways.Adrian always say something good and positive and that what motivates me.My other friend, Brendan always criticize me, practically all the time!!! (P.s. didnt u Bren???) But it was not negative though, as they were positive criticism that I need to wake me up from my silly thoughts and dreams. He always give me a reality check! Im running out of idea of what to write, maybe I shall just as well stop here! Bye, I love you (whoever reading this)!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment